martes, noviembre 25, 2008

Back in Parets



I was at the hip hop event ”Violence against women” in Parets last Saturday and I just had to check it out. There were 4 female groups there and live graffiti as well.

The venue was a sport arena, pretty big to hold a solid crowd of people, even though it wasn’t crowded at all. Such a shame!!

On stage:

Mai
Dlux
Indie
Shuga

All talented women! The sound was terrific (Is there anywhere in Barcelona where you are allowed to pump music this loud??) and I think I like spanish female rap better than spanish male rap. Yapp!

The only funny thing is that the voices in spanish female rap sounds like a mans voice, really low, and then they sing the sweet tunes in the refrain, like birds. The contrast is funny!!

So please explain to me the reason for the lack of people! Was it too far away from town or the fast that it was only girls acting or is hip hop really dead in Barcelona. Please tell me it isn’t so!!!!!!!!!

//Sarita

No hay comentarios: